This is the board minus the 25 pointers that the top 5 will pick when the WBC is over.
5 POINT TASKS
1. In Honor of Mother’s Day read a book about motherhood (fiction or non-fiction) or with the word mother in the title.
2. Read a book that is released in April, May, or June of 2009.
3. Read 2 of your favorite childhood chapter books
4. Read a book with a one-word title.
5. Read a book with a flower or plant in the title.
6. Read a book with a Spring word in the title (Ex: rain, sun, showers, Easter, Grass, Egg)
7. Read a book with one of these words in the title: Old, New, Borrowed, Blue, or wedding (As June is the big wedding month)
8. Close your eyes and point to a book on your bookshelf/tbr pile and read that book.
9. Read a book about Baseball.
10.Read a book with the name of a character or person in the title.
10 POINT TASKS
1. Listen to an audio book
2. Read a collection of short stories/ poetry
3. Read a book that takes place in your city/state (http://www.bibliotravel.com )
4. Read a book written by a Hispanic author.
5. Read a book by a Gay, Lesbian or Transgender author or with a GLT character.
6. Read a Classic
7. Read a book where the main character is a child.
8. Read a book your Husband/Significant other picked for you.
9. Read a True Crime Book
10. Read a book about a war/soldier.
15 POINT TASKS
1. Read one of the NBC books (April, May, or June) and participate in the discussion.
2. Read a book that was required of you to read in High School that you didn’t finish or appreciate.
3. Read a book from the 1001 books you should read before you die. (http://www.listsofbests.com/list/2222 )
4. Finish a book you started and never finished (You can’t be more than half way through).
5. Read the book that has had a movie counterpart released in 2009 (www.imdb.com )
6. A book with the title format "The _____'s ______." (like The Pilot's Wife, The Time-Traveler's Wife, The Memory Keeper's Daughter, etc)
7. Read a Pulitzer Prize winner ( http://www.litweb.net/pulitzer.html )
8. Read a book where the character/or author has the same first name as you or your husband/significant other (http://www.librarything.com )
9. Read a book that was released the year you were born.
10. Hook up with a nestie and read the book they tell you to. (will be picked soon)